House of Benjamins, Riga
House of Benjamins building embodies the spirit of Italian Renaissance – the shape of the building resembles Italian palazzo and its owners have been prosperous, influential and art-loving throughout history. The building was built in 1876 for rich merchants Pfabs and was designed by Willhelm Beckmann and Hermann Ende from Berlin. Facade of the building is adorned with sculptures and reliefs. In 1928 the building was sold to family of Benjamins, the most influential people of Latvia at time, owners of mass media empire. The building became even more ornate through reconstruction until 1930 under the guidance of architect E. Laube. In 1990s the house was inherited by posterity of the Benjamins. In 2006 the building was restored, and a four-star hotel Europa Royale Riga was opened, which operated until 2019.